We offer a free airport shuttle service 7 days a week.
Please inform us 7 days prior to your arrival on the exact date and time of your arrival, including your flight number and the number of persons traveling, so that we can meet you at the airport upon arrival.
We will bring you to our offices in Windhoek in order to collect your vehicle or we can take you to your accommodation in the city of Windhoek and pick you up in a later stage.
In case you have booked accommodation for your first night in Windhoek and will be picking up your rental vehicle the next morning, we’ll gladly take you to your place of accommodation. Just let us know and we’ll be there!
These transfers from and to the airport are free of charge. Unfortunately, the free airport shuttle bus will not drive to any lodges in the surrounding area of the airport or outside Windhoek.
Please note that our free shuttle service operates on a fixed time schedule and route. This free service runs from 7:00h (earliest departure from Onyiki offices) till 17:00h (latest departure from Onyiki offices). Please be informed that our driver will depart from the airport latest 90 minutes after the scheduled landing of your flight. In case you will not arrive at our premises in Windhoek before 17:00h, you will only be able to get your vehicle the next day.
For alternative transport outside the operating hours of the shuttle service, please contact our office.
By prior arrangement vehicles may be taken to neighbouring countries; Provided the geographical area is covered by our insurers. Necessary documentation is available on request at an additional cost.
Border Crossing Essentials:
International Driver’s Permit
Although not compulsory this is recommended for everyone driving in foreign countries.
All our vehicles bear a NAM sticker which designates that they are foreign vehicles from Namibia. AA Accredited Sales Agent stores and outdoor retailers like Safari Centre will have them available for purchase.
Police Clearance Certificate
All our vehicles have a Police Clearance Certificate which may be required if travelling through Border Post of most Southern African countries, both for vehicles and trailers.
Quick Border Post Tips:
Border posts can be daunting, confusing and may even frustrate you but no worries, follow these tips and you will sail on through with no problems.
- Make a folder for all your important documents to prevent unnecessary loss and stress.
- Get all your documents in order ready to hand in to the border official.
- Be patient and smile – always be polite and co-operate, this will help make the procedure go smoothly without annoying the person who has the power to give you access.
- Ask for the maximum amount of days possible – you could end up stuck in the middle of nowhere with a flat tyre and not be able to return in time.
- Don’t overstay your time; this will lead to problems at the border when trying to leave.
- Make sure your passport has enough empty pages for the necessary stamps.
- Keep a few pens with you, there are never enough at the border posts, it will help you fill out the paperwork faster without having to wait. Now go enjoy your travels on the roads of Africa!
- All vehicles are backed up by a 24-hour breakdown and assistance service in Namibia. In case of a mechanical breakdown Onyiki will assist you within a maximum time of 24 hours directly or through a local workshop.
- AREAS WHERE TECHNICAL BACKUP CANNOT NECESSARILY BE GUARANTEED WITHIN 24 HOURS (DUE TO TERRAIN CONDITIONS)
- Namibia: Kaokoland & Bushmanland (HEAVY ROCKY OR HEAVY SANDY-TERRAIN) will be driven at clients own responsibility. Backup or breakdown service including any damages will be on the clients own account)
- Botswana: Back up will be provided through local Garages appointed by us for quick assistance ,this help may be limited. Onyiki will then assist from Windhoek per mechanic and/or exchange car. This can take more then 24 hours depending on the location where the car broke down. All Cost or Expenses incurring due to negligent driving /miss use of the car or excessive wear and Tear as well as recklessness will be on the renters account. All Tow in Cost will be on the Renters Account. Botswana National Parks and surrounding areas (e.g. Chobe NP, Moremi NP, Central Kalahari NP, Kgaligadi NP, Nxai Pan NP,Madgadikdagi NP, Khutse GR, etc) will be entered on complete own responsibility.
- Zambia: Complete (Driven at clients own responsibility. Backup including any damages will be on the clients own account)
- Zimbabwe: Complete (Driven at clients own responsibility. Backup including any damages will be on the clients own account)
- Malawi: Complete (Driven at clients own responsibility. Backup including any damages will be on the clients own account)
- Dune Driving – is strictly not allowed.
- Driving the Van Zyl‘s Pass or Namib Naukluft 4×4 Trail is strictly prohibited.
- Back up can be provided through third parties only. The Renter is liable for all costs resulting from damages, tow-ins, breakdowns, transfers, and repairs (repair cost in case of a mechanical breakdown will be covered).
- Off-road driving: on complete own responsibility. The Renter is liable for all costs resulting from damages, tow-ins, breakdowns, transfers, and repairs (repair cost in case of a mechanical breakdown will be covered).
Credit Card Requirements
Visa or MasterCard only
Please note that the provided credit card should be valid for at least 120 days from day of rental start.
Unfortunately we do not accept American Express, Diners Club (accepted for PayPal payments only) or electron cards.
PLEASE NOTE: You should have sufficient funds on your credit card to have the chosen level of Insurance Excess blocked (authorization only) on your credit card. No vehicle will be released without a successful authorization of the chosen excess amount.
Please be aware that a payment by credit card (via secure server or speed point machine) is always in local currency (Namibian Dollar). This might result in a (slight) deviation between the quoted Euro amount and the deducted amount which will be shown on your bank statement, caused by different exchange rates used by the banks and credit card companies involved. Payments by credit card using PayPal are always in Euro.